Affordable Apartments at the Fruitvale Village
Fruitvale Village is a “mixed-use” development, meaning that space is used by office, retail and residential tenants. The ground floor of Fruitvale Village is home to locally-owned retail spaces. The second floor offers Office spaces for important community resources and organizations. Finally, 47 one- and two-bedroom apartments offer housing on the third floor. Of the 47 units, 10 are designated as affordable units for residents earning between 35 – 80% of the Area Median Income.
There is a waitlist for affordable apartments at the Fruitvale Village. The waiting list is currently closed. We will update this page of our website when the waitlist opens in the future, and notify community agencies and the local media.
Affordable Senior Housing
The Unity Councils owns and manages three affordable senior housing properties: Las Bougainvilleas, Posada de Colores, or Casa Velasco. All senior properties are subsidized by the Department of Housing & Urban Development (HUD) as a 202 PRAC/Section 8 Senior housing facility.
There is a waitlist for Senior Housing properties. The waiting list is currently closed. We will update this page of our website when the waitlist opens in the future, and notify community agencies and the local media.
- The applicant must be 62 years and older or handicap/disabled.
- Annual income from all sources may not exceed HUD’S income limits (revised annually).
- Subsidized (Section 8) rent will not exceed 30% of adjusted gross income.
- Applicants must consent to a criminal background check, a credit check, and a review of their rental references.
- Applicants must be willing to comply with all HUD and owner requirements for admission and annual verification of income/assets.
- A security deposit equal to one month’s rent.
Gabriela Caballero, Multi-Site Property Manager
(510) 535- 7178