Sunday, October 31st, 2021 from 10 AM to 5 PM at International Boulevard in Oakland
The Oakland Día de los Muertos Festival is a free, outdoor festival that brings over 100,000 people to the vibrant, culturally-rich Fruitvale neighborhood to enjoy world-class live music, family-friendly games, rides and activities, traditional Latin American artisans, and the stunning altar artistic installations created by community members paying homage to los Muertos. The Día de los Muertos Festival was inducted into the U.S. Library of Congress by Congresswoman Barbara Lee as a “Local Legacy.”
The 2021 Oakland Dia de los Muertos is made possible by the generous support of our partners.
Become a Sponsor!
Now in its 26th year, The Día de los Muertos Festival in Oakland is a beloved East Bay tradition with a loyal following both online and off. The free festival brings nearly 100,000 of people each year to the vibrant, culturally rich Fruitvale neighborhood to enjoy world-class live music, traditional Latin American artisans, and the stunning altar artistic installations created by community members paying homage to los Muertos.
The Unity Council’s priority is the wellbeing of the Fruitvale community. For this reason, the festival will resume in-person activities at a smaller scale, highlighting the ofrendas, Danza Azteca, and low-riders which are all vital elements of the celebration. Our goal for the 2021 festival is to create a physical space where people can safely gather and hone in art and culture as tools for community healing.
Do not miss the opportunity to show the Latinx community YOUR brand supports cultura.
If you are interested in becoming a sponsor email email@example.com.
- ABC 7 NEWS: Oakland’s Dia de los Muertos celebration lives on virtually to honor memory of loved ones
- KPFA: The 2020 Election and the Black Vote; Plus: Oakland’s 25th Annual Dia de los Muertos Festival goes virtual
- El Tecolote: Fruitvale artist honors the dead, celebrates life of the community
- East Bay Express: Day of the Dead Lives On In Fruitvale
- Fruitvale Dia De Los Muertos festival honors dead, celebrates life by Ali Tadayon, East Bay Times
- PHOTOS: Thousands Celebrate Dia de los Muertos in Oakland by Tiffany Camhi, KQED
- Fruitvale gears up for Dia de los Muertos by Mark Hedin, East Bay Times
- Fruitvale: The Town’s Gem by Azucena Rasilla, East Bay Express