The waitlist is currently CLOSED!
Casa Velasco Senior Housing is a program catering specifically to seniors 62 years of age or older, or low-income mobility-impaired individuals aged 18 years or older with disabilities that require the features of a special unit, such as an accessible bathroom and kitchen features including countertops and fixtures, designed to accommodate those with mobility impairments. This program is funded through a combination of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s (HUD) Section 236/Section 8 program and Tax Credit. Casa Velasco is a four-story building with 20 apartments (8 one-bedroom and 12 studios).
- All units are equipped with energy-efficient appliances, including a refrigerator, and stove.
- All Apartments include a full bathroom, lofted ceilings, oversized energy-efficient dual-paned windows, ceiling fans, heating units, carpets, closet space, and some are ADA-accessible or adaptable.
- A laundry facility, community room with full kitchen, television, fireplace, internet-accessible computer, and outdoor patio area are available on the 4th Floor.
- Social Service Coordinator is available.
- Casa Velasco is conveniently located near public transportation and shopping.
Seniors at Casa Velasco and our other Senior properties enjoy access to the Fruitvale-San Antonio Senior Center for social activities, classes, and events. The senior center hosts special events throughout the year, such as holiday parties and health training classes, providing seniors with a welcoming and supportive environment to stay active, engaged, and connected to their community.
Mirna Gonzalez, Sr. Property Manager
Christy Lynn Hess, Assistant Property Manager
Phone: (510) 534-6200
3430 Foothill Boulevard, Oakland, CA 94601