The Unity Council will close all services and programs effective Tuesday, March 17th through Tuesday, April 7th.
Closures, Reduced and Modified Services:
- Fruitvale-San Antonio Senior Center: The Senior Center will be closed as March 17th through April 7th. We are working with each of our senior clients to identify needed food, health, and transportation resources that can help them in this difficult time.
- School-based Youth Achievement Programs: The Oakland Unified School district has closed until April 7th. All school-based youth programs (such as Latino Men & Boys and Latina Mentorship and Achievement) are suspended until school is back in session.
- Early Childhood Development Centers (Head Start and Early Head Start): In accordance with OUSD guidelines, all of our Oakland early childhood development centers will be closed through April 7th. The Cesar Chavez Center in Concord will be closed through March 23rd or until further notice.
- Census Outreach: We have postponed all external community outreach presentations and events. Our Questionnaire Assistance Center at 1900 Fruitvale Ave remains open for questions and support. Please call us at 510-543-3091 for questions about the Census.
- Fruitvale Neighborhood Career Center. The Career Center is able to offer selected services and support remotely, please call 510-535-6101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get more information.
- VITA: The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program will be closed as of March 17th through April 7th.
- Employees Working Remotely: While our offices remain open for the time being, we have asked staff who are able to work from home to do so to limit exposure to our community. We have canceled or postponed all non-essential events and large meetings to further mitigate the risk of exposure.
We will continue to update you as the response to this virus outbreak unfolds. We are grateful for your help in weathering this storm and we look forward to resuming business as usual as soon as possible.
Information & Resources
- COVID-19 Information & Resources
- Resources for Small Businesses and Small Business Employees
- Resources for Undocumented Californians
How You Can Help
With the COVID-19 outbreak affecting schools, workplaces, and other community services, it is vital that we work together to both combat the spread of infection while also looking out for those most in need.
Make a Gift: Please make a gift to The Unity Council to help us stay resilient in this time of stress. Your support will help us purchase needed supplies, equipment, and technology to ensure that we can continue serving our community. Click here to donate online now.
Donate Needed ItemsJust like everyone else, we are purchasing cleaning supplies like bleach, rubbing alcohol, hand sanitizer, and disinfectants to keep our properties clean and safe. Laptops, smartphones, and accessories like ergonomic keyboards and mouses are needed to help transition as many people to remote work as possible.
If you can donate any of the times listed above, in any quantity, please contact us at email@example.com or at 510-535-6900.