City of Oakland Specific Resources
- Oakland Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) Business and Worker Resources
- Recursos para Pequeños Negocios para ayudar con los Impactos del Coronavirus
- Small businesses that need Taxes Assistance due to COVID-19
Employers experiencing hardship as a result of COVID-19 may request up to a 60-day extension of time from the EDD to file their state payroll reports and/or deposit state payroll taxes without penalty or interest. A written request for an extension must be received within 60 days from the original delinquent date of the payment or return. For questions, employers may call the EDD Taxpayer Assistance Center.
- Toll-free from the U.S. or Canada: 1-888-745-3886
- Hearing-impaired (TTY): 1-800-547-9565
- Outside the U.S. or Canada: 1-916-464-3502
Resources for small businesses impacted by COVID-19 that Square recently released, that includes information on how to: limit in-person contact, sell and accept orders online, promote digital gift cards, and communicate with your customers.
Recursos para pequeñas empresas impactadas por COVID-19 que Square lanzó recientemente, que incluye información sobre cómo: limitar el contacto en persona, vender y aceptar pedidos en línea, promover tarjetas de regalo digitales y comunicarse con sus clientes.
Facebook is offering $100M in cash grants and ad credits for up to 30,000 eligible small businesses in over 30 countries where we operate. We’ll share more details as they become available.
Grants to help small businesses fill urgent financial gaps until they can resume normal operations or until other more permanent financing becomes available.
Restaurants Care is currently evaluating grant requests from California restaurant workers who have been impacted by the coronavirus in the following ways in order of priority to serve the most vulnerable first:
- If you have been diagnosed with COVID-19 or you’ve been medically quarantined and have certification
- If you are the primary caretaker for a family member diagnosed with COVID-19 and have medical certification
- If your restaurant has been closed and you’ve been out of work 3 weeks or more with no unemployment benefits
- If your restaurant has been closed and you’re been out of work 3 weeks or less
CORE is a national nonprofit organization that is dedicated to granting support to food & beverage service employees with children, who are faced with life-altering circumstances and in need of help. CORE provides support to food & beverage service employees with children, who have been medically diagnosed with COVID-19/Coronavirus. You are also eligible for support if you are a food & beverage employee with children, and a family member who resides in the same home is diagnosed with COVID-19 and a doctor requires you to quarantine.
The SBA’s Economic Injury Disaster Loan program provides small businesses with working capital loans of up to $2 million that can provide vital economic support to small businesses to help overcome the temporary loss of revenue they are experiencing.
In response to the COVID19 pandemic, Kiva US is offering small business applicants expanded loan sizes up to $15,000 with grace periods between 1 – 6 months.
If you are an employee of a small business and are sick or quarantined you can apply for disability benefits. If you are an employee and have experienced reduced work hours you can apply for unemployment benefits.