The Unity Council and La Clinica de la Raza are calling artists and community members to submit artwork to be featured on the “Por mi, por ti, por Fruitvale/For me, for you, for Fruitvale” outreach campaign to promote the Covid-19 vaccine amongst Fruitvale district residents. The winner of the art contest will receive a one-time prize of $1,000.
Priority will be given to artwork that meets the requirements listed below and portrays families, elders, black and brown unity, or other imagery that reflects the culturally diverse fabric of the Fruitvale District. Community members will vote for the artworks that meet the requirements listed below on The Unity Council’s social media.
SUBMIT YOUR ARTWORK BY MAY 31!
Submissions that do not meet the following requirements will not be considered for the contest:
- Submission must include a one-page artist statement with your submission telling us about your work and your connection to the community. Please include your current email or phone number to contact you.
- Must be 12″ wide x 24” high.
- Submissions must not exceed a maximum of 8 colors. Poster art will be displayed on Outdoor billboards, flyers, posters, banners, and T-shirts. Color requirements must allow for various printing restrictions.
- Submissions created in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, or InDesign should be exported to either a vector graphic (PNG or EPS) or to a PDF with a minimum resolution of 300 dpi
- Submissions created on paper or canvas should be scanned or photographed with the highest resolution possible and saved as a JPEG or TIFF.
Note that the artwork will be featured with the following text:
- Get Your Covid-19 Vaccine!
- Por mi, por ti, por Fruitvale / For me, for you, for Fruitvale
- List of places to get vaccinated in Fruitvale with map
**The winner will be required to execute The Unity Council’s Artist Contract prior to receiving the cash award, through which the Artist will grant The Unity Council a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide license to publicly display, reproduce, and distribute the work, in and through all media and methods of transmission, and in connection with commercial and non-commercial uses.