Mom-and-Pop shops in Fruitvale need your support to stay open during this difficult time. Celebrate your tradition of Taco Tuesday, or start a new tradition with Takeout Thursday, treat yourself, and support the small businesses that keep our neighborhood authentically Oakland.
To help you find out what restaurants are open, we’ve compiled a list and created a map of all the restaurants in Fruitvale offering takeout and delivery and the best way for you to order.
Click on any of the links below and order your takeout today!
There are other ways to help your favorite mom-and-pop restaurant consider doing any of the following to show your support:
- Buy a gift card. Businesses need cash flow right now, and the easiest way to help them out is to buy some gift cards to use down the road.
- Shop local online. Lots of local shops keep at least some inventory available to order online.
- Tip like a boss. It’s a crappy time to be a waiter, delivery driver, or barista, because not only are they likely working fewer hours, they’re getting fewer tips from their customers.
- Provide a signal boost. Give a shout-out to your favorite local businesses by leaving them a stellar review on Yelp, Google, or Facebook. Share the Fruitvale is Open list with everyone you know!
- Join our Flavors of Fruitvale Facebook group. Be the first one to learn about special promotions and yummy treats and meals from your favorite restaurants, taquerias, panaderias, and more!
- Take a look at the Fruitvale Business Directory! Learn more about the local small businesses in your area and give them a call.
This campaign is inspired by the “Oakland is Open” campaign coordinated by the Oakland Chamber of Commerce and shared by Visit Oakland. Make sure to check out their sites for a list of all the restaurants open in Oakland.