Table Of Contents
Have you heard of the STEP program? STEP is a new program of The Unity Council to help young adults with their job and career search and to be job ready, and we need your help!
We have to meet our enrollment goal by the end of March or we may lose funding! The program offers significant resources to youth, and it would be a shame to see it cut just when it’s starting to take off.
Help us get a few more people enrolled before Thursday, March 30th. (We will also continue enrolling youth after this date).
To qualify, you must:
- Be an Oakland resident, between the ages of 16 and 24
- Be eligible to work in the US; so needs to have a Social Security Number
- Not currently attending high school or college (independent studies or GED is ok).
And as soon as someone enrolls they can start earning up to $600 for meeting their career goals, which can include:
- $50 – Meet with a Career Coach and develop a plan
- $50 – Complete/Update your resume
- $50 – Meet with our Financial Specialist and develop a financial plan
- $50 – Participate in a mock interview
- $150 – Attend skill-building seminars
- $200 – Get a job (we can help) and keep it for three months OR get a certification OR attain your GED or High School Diploma (through independent studies)
We also still have a couple of spots for paid internships, earning $14.86/hr, up to 20 hrs a week for up to 3 months.
Interested individuals can contact Sharon Flores at (510) 535-6938 or Alex Mora at (510) 535-1856.
Thank you for spreading the word!