We have to meet our enrollment goal by the end of March or we may lose funding! The program offers significant resources to youth, and it would be a shame to see it cut just when it’s starting to take off.
To qualify, you must:
- Be an Oakland resident, between the ages of 16 and 24
- Be eligible to work in the US; so needs to have a Social Security Number
- Not currently attending high school or college (independent studies or GED is ok).
And as soon as someone enrolls they can start earning up to $600 for meeting their career goals, which can include:
- $50 – Meet with a Career Coach and develop a plan
- $50 – Complete/Update your resume
- $50 – Meet with our Financial Specialist and develop a financial plan
- $50 – Participate in a mock interview
- $150 – Attend skill-building seminars
- $200 – Get a job (we can help) and keep it for three months OR get a certification OR attain your GED or High School Diploma (through independent studies)
We also still have a couple of spots for paid internships, earning $14.86/hr, up to 20 hrs a week for up to 3 months.
Thank you for spreading the word!