Save your hard-earned money- get your taxes prepared for FREE at The Unity Council! If you make less than $54,000/year, you can qualify for free tax preparation by IRS-certified volunteers through the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program. If you have questions about the program, are curious if you qualify, or if you’d like to make an appointment, please call: 510-535-6101.
Our VITA site saves over $1 Million in tax refunds from clients each year. You could qualify for cash back tax-credits for filing – like the Earned Income Tax Credit. Plus, the volunteers at our VITA site can help you understand where your money went and how to file next year.
January 30th – April 22nd, 2017
Monday & Tuesday: 10:00am – 5:00pm
Wednesday: 1:00pm – 6:30pm*
Thursday & Friday: 10:00am – 5:00pm
Saturday: 11:00am – 3:00pm
*open late on Wednesdays!
Please keep in mind we are not able to prepare taxes for those who need the following tax services:
- Cancellation of debt
- Married Filing Separately
- Taxpayers without ID’s, SSN’s, ITIN’s, or other forms to verify identity
- 1099-MISC with boxes other than 1,2,3,4,7
- Business expenses over $25,000
- Business was located in personal residence
- Non-cash contributions over $500
- Complicated Schedule D or without proper paperwork (Capital Gains and Losses)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Non-California state taxes withheld
- Foreign and International
- Military Income