The Unity Council is looking for artists to design our Día de los Muertos Festival Poster. This year’s theme will be Nuestras Raíces: El Poder de La Comunidad (Our Roots: The Power of the Community).
- Chris Iglesias, CEO of The Unity Council
- Zuleyka Jinks, Co-Founder & Chief Creative Officer of A2Z Media Group
- Mayra Hernandez, Member, Nahui-Ehecatl Capulli
- Gonzalo Hidalgo, Member, Colectiva de Artistas de Fruitvale
- Evelyn Orantes, Senior Experience Developer at Oakland Museum of California
The winning artist will receive a *cash prize* and a free festival t-shirt. FRUITVALE and EAST OAKLAND artists are strongly encouraged to apply!
- Please submit your original artwork in horizontal (“landscape”) format. Poster art will be used on billboards, flyers, shirts, and banners and we need the original design to allow for these formats.
- Artists are encouraged to incorporate the 2016 Día de los Muertos theme of “Nuestras Raíces: El Poder de la Comunidad” into their designs.
- Please include a one-page artist statement/cover letter with your submission telling us about your work and your connection to the community. Please include your current email or phone number to contact you.
SUBMISSIONS DUE MAY 31, 2016
Submit online: Send your file to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 31st, 2016.
Submit in person: Drop off your work to The Unity Council’s headquarters at 1900 Fruitvale Ave, Suite 2A, Oakland CA 94601