The Unity Council received funds from the Oakland Workforce Development Board to help workers most impacted financially by the coronavirus (COVID19) pandemic.
Individuals must be 18 and older, Oakland residents,
and eligible to work in the U.S.
These supportive services may include, but are not limited to:
- equipment necessary to telework (e.g. computer, internet, etc.),
- housing assistance,
- utility assistance,
- childcare assistance, and
- transportation assistance.
Supportive services are available in two tiers:
- Individuals receiving at least 50% of their previous wages either from their employer directly or with Unemployment Insurance (UI) payments, may receive supportive services totaling $400.
- Individuals who are not receiving at least 50% of their wages from their employer directly, or with UI payments, may receive supportive services totaling $800.
Contact Gabriela Pingarron, Employment Services Manager, at email@example.com or call 510-535-6944