Join us for the 22nd Annual Fruitvale Día de Los Muertos Festival, scheduled for Sunday, October 29, 2017, from 10 am to 5 pm in the Fruitvale Village! Our theme this year is Life, Art, Oakland.
Whether you are a professional artist, student, or community member, we invite you to commemorate someone special, a group of people, or a cause with a traditional altar. The altares are the heart and soul of Día. We anticipate space for twenty (20) 10ft x 10ft altars at the festival. Each artist will receive a small stipend of a minimum of $250 to offset the costs of the materials.
- Applications are due September 15th, 2017 by 5 pm.
- Artists who are selected will be notified by September 29th, 2017
- Mandatory orientation Friday, October 13th, 2017
- The Día de los Muertos Festival is on Sunday, October 29th, 2017
How to submit:
- Fill out the altar application (English application or Spanish application)
- Submit your application to The Unity Council
In Person: Turn in your application at The Unity Council, 1900 Fruitvale Ave, 2nd floor, Suite 2A
Online: Email your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org