1.Experience the Fruitvale Night Markets! Enjoy music, kids’ activities and live performances at Avenida de La Fuente every second and fourth Thursday of the month. The markets only happen during the summer, so make sure to stop by soon.
2. Enjoy a mangonada at Nieves Cinco de Mayo! There is nothing better to cool down on a hot summer day than a combination of mango, ice cream, and chamoy.
3. Eat a ceviche tostada at Mariscos La Costa. You know those times when you are hungry but is too hot to eat anything, eat ceviche.
4. Grab a local craft beer at The Half Orange! Our favorites are the cherry kush and Golden Nektar. Their beer changes with the seasons, so make sure you make it before the summer is over.
5. Get your day started with a concha from Pena’s Bakery. Start your day on a sweet note with some pan dulce, it is all fresh, and if you get there early, your bread will still be warm from the oven. One word, delicious!
6. Savor some plananos con crema from Los Cocos, Salvadorian Restaurant! If you have not tried cooked bananas with sour cream and beans, you live in a limited world.
7. Savor a coconut flan at Obelisco. Have you ever heard of gluten free, dairy free coconut flan? We could not believe it either, but is real and you can find it at Obelisco.
8. Order a breakfast Golden State Man’oushe at Reem’s. Not in the mood for pancakes, how about a man’oushe with scrambled eggs, shakshuka sauce, cherry tomatoes, parsley and goat cheese.
9. Get Guatemalan tamale at El Rinconsito Chapin! Chapines aka Guatemalans have a particular recipe for tamales if you never had a tamale wrapped in banana leaf this is a must. The tamales taste completely different from corn husk tamales and are super delicious.
10. Dinner time is mole time at La Mexicana Restaurant! If you are a mole fan, you have to visit this place. Their mole is finger licking good and the hand made corn tortillas are a dream come true.