Juntos Fruitvale (Planned)
Juntos Fruitvale: Stabilizing the Local Economy, Increasing Workforce Capacity, and Activating Space for Community and Culture
Juntos Fruitvale is the third and final phase of the Fruitvale Transit Village (FTV), a nationally recognized and award-winning model of Transit-Oriented Development (TOD) in the heart of the Fruitvale neighborhood of Oakland, California. Studied in public policy, urban planning, and community development programs across the nation, the Fruitvale Transit Village is a shining example of how community-rooted TOD design can preserve neighborhood culture and character in the face of immense commercial and residential displacement pressures.
Juntos Fruitvale will transform the long-vacant historic Masonic Temple into a bustling economic engine. Nearly twenty years after the grand opening of the Fruitvale Village, policymakers, urban planners, and community advocates continue to laud its visionary approach to real estate development.
Juntos Fruitvale will advance the goals of the Fruitvale Transit Village, and will create significant value for the community by providing:
- Flexible, below-market-rate office and meeting space for small businesses, entrepreneurs and nonprofits
- The new Fruitvale Business Assistance Center, which will provide bilingual technical assistance to immigrant and women-owned small businesses in the area
- Headquarters for the Peralta Service Corporation, a social enterprise, and second-chance employer
- Community meeting and event space for Fruitvale’s ecosystem of arts organizations and artists
- Revitalization of a historic landmark and help preserve the neighborhood’s cultural heritage.
3351 International Blvd, Oakland, CA 94601