The Unity Council’s Summer Earn and Learn 7-week program is sponsored by The City of Oakland’s Summer Youth Employment Program to provide Oakland youth, ages 16-21, opportunities to earn money, gain meaningful work experience, and improve their job-readiness skills. The program offers help managing your basic needs: transportation, food, phone bill, child care, etc.
The program begins on June 14 and ends on July 29. The deadline to sign up is May 28, 2021.
- Must be an Oakland resident
- 16-21 years of age
- SS and ITIN are acceptable
- Individual and group coaching sessions
- Earn $300 for the virtual facilitation portion and $1120 for the job site experience
- Summer Earn and Learn will begin June 14 and ends July 29
- Weeks 1-3: online Job Readiness Training, Monday-Friday from 10:30 AM-12:30 PM
- Weeks 4-6: job experience at a work placement site; schedule TBD but working 20 hours/week at a site
- Week 7: program wrap up, Monday-Thursday from 10:30 AM-12:30 PM
Alma Becerra Garcia
Call or text (510) 394-4502