The Unity Council’s offers summer jobs & training for Oakland youth, ages 16-24, opportunities to earn money, gain meaningful work experience, training, and improve their job-readiness skills. Our services offer case management, youth career coach, supportive services, as well as an internship at an hourly rate of $16.00-$18.00/hour.
We will begin sending information sessions and enrollments in April/May 2023.
- Must be an Oakland resident
- 16-21 years of age
- SS and ITIN are acceptable
- If under 18 years of age, school work permit is required
- Fill out intake form – Will be available April 2023
- Attend an Orientation – Coming May 2023
- Paid Job Readiness Training
- Paid Short term internship placement
- Co-enrollment options
- More details coming soon! *Note: If you are interested in being a job host site, let us know!
Ximena Montes, Youth Career Manager
Call or text (510) 542-9722