Summer Youth Employment
Due to an overwhelming response, we have closed our registration for this program.
The Unity Council’s Summer Earn and Learn 10-week program is sponsored by The City of Oakland’s Summer Youth Employment Program to provide 40 Oakland youth, ages 16-21, opportunities to earn money, gain meaningful work experience and improve their job-readiness skills
The program offers help managing your basic needs: transportation, food, phone bill, child care, etc.
All participants receive a Chromebook as part of the enrollment courtesy of United Way.
- Must be an Oakland resident
- 16-21 years of age
- SS and ITIN are acceptable
- Individual and group coaching sessions
- Earn $1,500 Stipend for 100 hours of participation
- Receive an additional $250 in Supportive Services
Meet Our Coaches
Leo Gonzalez, Ulises Magallon, Alma Barrera Garcia, Eric Castaño