Property Management: Shuttle Driver
Monday through Friday
Local travel may be required
Regular, Full-time, Non-Exempt
Two weeks of paid vacation a year, sick time, 13 holidays, up to five floating holidays based on employee status, medical and dental benefits on the first of the month following 30 days of employment, life insurance policy at no cost to employee (with the option of increasing policy amount), flexible spending account for medical and dependent care costs, commuter benefits, 403(b) with employer match, and other benefits. We foster a joyful workplace and offer opportunities for professional development and growth
The Unity Council is a nonprofit Social Equity Development Corporation with a 50-year history in the Fruitvale neighborhood of Oakland. Our mission is to promote social equity and improve quality of life by building vibrant communities where everyone can work, learn, and thrive.
Our programs aim to provide the community with the tools, knowledge, and resources to transform their lives and ultimately achieve their long-term educational, career, and financial goals. These holistic programs and services reach more than 8,000 individuals and families annually in five languages. Programs include: early childhood education, youth mentorship and leadership development, employment services, career readiness training, housing and financial stability, senior citizen services, affordable housing and neighborhood development, and arts and cultural events. The Unity Council employs a diverse workforce of more than 250 people who reflect the linguistic, cultural, and ethnic identity of the communities we serve. Our work expands beyond the Fruitvale district and now reaches across Oakland and into Concord.
Position SummaryThis position is responsible for safely transporting seniors to and from various locations throughout day.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide transportation for seniors for daily trips that include a regular route, field trips, and special functions as directed by the
- Operate a 16 seat passenger vehicle safely and
- Adhere to transportation requirements of the auto insurance
- Assist passengers in boarding and exiting Load and unload packages and other items.
- Treat all seniors and staff in a courteous, friendly and professional
- Immediately report accidents, tickets or other safety situations to
- Inspect exterior and interior of vehicle at beginning of each shift for properly operating headlights, turn signals, brake lights, interior holding bars, doors, air-conditioning, mirror adjustment, properly inflated tires, window locks, windshield wipers, and vehicle damage prior to operating the
- Ensure inside and outside of vehicle are properly cleaned and fueled on an ongoing Keeps interior of vehicle neat and orderly.
- Monitor vehicle condition and records, malfunctioning items or damage on a specified vehicle report form and submit to
- Must be able to read, understand and complete vehicle forms, and read and understand inter-office communications, schedules or other
- Accurately complete and sign-off driver trip sheet for each shift with information including number of passengers, pick-up and drop-off times, mileages,
- Learn and remember locations of various destination points serviced by the seniors including doctors, entertainment and attraction sites.
- Must be able to enter monthly data on a computer for Department of Transportation (DOT)
- Comply with Federal health and safety standards governing “Physical Qualifications for Drivers” or applicable waiver.
- Complete on-going education on safety, transportation, vehicle maintenance, diversity and other specified
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Valid California Class B driver’s license with passenger
- Current DMV Report, clean driving record for past 10 years
- Pass DOT random drug screens
- Dependable, punctual, courteous, and possess excellent customer service
- Experience with elderly population preferred as well as the ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Perform basic math, writing, clerical tasks, maintain record
- Basic Computer skills
- Must be cordial, well-groomed, efficient
- Prefer bilingual English/Spanish.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time, stand, stoop, reach and bend
- Mobility of arms to reach and dexterity of hands to grasp
- Perform work which requires lifting, pushing and/or pulling
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Drug Screen
- Clean Driving Record
- In a DOT Program or willing to enter one upon hire.
Please send us your cover letter and resume in application for this position.
Please put “title of position, your name” in the subject line.
The Unity Council
Attention: Human Resources
1900 Fruitvale Ave., Suite 2B, Oakland, CA 94601
Fax: (510) 535-6923
The Unity Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Women, minorities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.