Property Management: Property Coordinator
Director of Property Management
Monday through Friday
Local travel may be required
$18-$21 per hour
Regular, Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Two weeks of paid vacation a year, sick time, 13 holidays, up to five floating holidays based on employee status, medical and dental benefits on the first of the month following 30 days of employment, life insurance policy at no cost to employee (with the option of increasing policy amount), flexible spending account for medical and dependent care costs, commuter benefits, 403(b) with employer match, and other benefits. We foster a joyful workplace and offer opportunities for professional development and growth.
The Unity Council is a nonprofit Social Equity Development Corporation with a 50-year history in the Fruitvale neighborhood of Oakland. Our mission is to promote social equity and improve quality of life by building vibrant communities where everyone can work, learn, and thrive.
Our programs aim to provide the community with the tools, knowledge, and resources to transform their lives and ultimately achieve their long-term educational, career, and financial goals. These holistic programs and services reach more than 8,000 individuals and families annually in five languages. Programs include: early childhood education, youth mentorship and leadership development, employment services, career readiness training, housing and financial stability, senior citizen services, affordable housing and neighborhood development, and arts and cultural events. The Unity Council employs a diverse workforce of more than 250 people who reflect the linguistic, cultural, and ethnic identity of the communities we serve. Our work expands beyond the Fruitvale district and now reaches across Oakland and into Concord.
- Writing work orders for Maintenance department based on information from tenants, technicians or based on information gathered from site visits
- Drafting Memos and/or making phone calls to Tenants/Merchants related to lease issues and preventative maintenance scheduling. These calls may include inquiries related to rent collection, issuing keys to technicians/vendors, logging keys out/in, ensuring return of keys
- Coordinate the advertising and updating related to marketing available units, spaces and the reporting of all such related costs to the PM(s).
- Assist in the performance of all necessary functions to facilitate Tenant “Move In” and “Move Out” procedures including; Letters to tenants regarding lease obligations, Filing- both electronic and paper, Lease expiration date notification, Renewal/move out obligation letters, Security Deposit Return Letters, Maintain logs & lists as necessary, Maintain preventative maintenance calendars, Obtaining Bids – landscaping, maintenance/repairs, etc.
- At the direction of the (DPM), visit managed properties to perform or assist in the performance of management duties. Generally to assist in all functions of the Director of Property Management
- Update and prepare vendor applications, Market Rules and 2019 Managed Market
- Enforce Farmer’s Market rule, Communicate weekly with the office staff.
- Regularly reads community news publications and coordinates with the office staff to become involved in community functions and issues where appropriate
This description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities or requirements for the position. This position may change or assume additional duties at any time.
- High School education or some college
- Personable and trustworthy
- Ability to work with others and understand the problems of the property
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Must be PC literate; MS Office skills (Word and/or Excel).
- Regularly required to operate standard office equipment (personal computer, photocopy machine, adding machine, fax machine, etc.)
- Ability to work on a computer 8 hours a day as needed.
- Regularly required to sit and stand for long periods of time and ability to walk up and down stairs..
- Close vision required for computer usage.
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb, and lift up to 5 pounds
- Background check
Please send us your cover letter and resume in application for this position.
Please put “title of position, your name” in the subject line.
The Unity Council
Attention: Human Resources
1900 Fruitvale Ave., Suite 2B, Oakland, CA 94601
Fax: (510) 535-6923
The Unity Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Women, minorities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.