Property Management: FDC Property Administrative Assistant
Director of Property Management
Monday through Friday
Local travel may be required
Temporary, Full-time, Non-Exempt
The Unity Council is a nonprofit Social Equity Development Corporation with a 50-year history in the Fruitvale neighborhood of Oakland. Our mission is to promote social equity and improve quality of life by building vibrant communities where everyone can work, learn, and thrive.
Our programs aim to provide the community with the tools, knowledge, and resources to transform their lives and ultimately achieve their long-term educational, career, and financial goals. These holistic programs and services reach more than 8,000 individuals and families annually in five languages. Programs include: early childhood education, youth mentorship and leadership development, employment services, career readiness training, housing and financial stability, senior citizen services, affordable housing and neighborhood development, and arts and cultural events. The Unity Council employs a diverse workforce of more than 250 people who reflect the linguistic, cultural, and ethnic identity of the communities we serve. Our work expands beyond the Fruitvale district and now reaches across Oakland and into Concord.
Position SummaryThe purpose of the FDC Property Admin position in the Property Management Department is to coordinate the day‐to‐day maintenance and accounts receivable functions of the properties listed above. The Property Admin may be required to act as the liaison between the tenants and the Property Managers (PM) for certain property related issues. In concert with the Property Manager, the Property Admin will coordinate all electronic marketing for vacancies.
- Writing work orders for Maintenance department based on information from tenants, technicians or based on information gathered from site visits
- Issuing keys to technicians/vendors, logging keys out/in, ensuring return of keys
- Coordinate the advertising and updating related to marketing available units, and the reporting of all such related costs to the PM(s).
- Assist in the performance of all necessary functions to facilitate Tenant “Move In” and “Move Out” procedures including; Letters to tenants regarding lease obligations, Filing- both electronic and paper, Lease expiration date notification, Renewal/move out obligation letters, Security Deposit Return Letters, Maintain logs & lists as necessary, Maintain preventative maintenance calendars, Obtaining Bids – landscaping, maintenance/repairs, etc.
- Assists FDC office staff with all clerical tasks, filing, creating tracking documents and bulk mailing.
- Greet and assist public and tenants with minor requests. Makes appointments for Property Managers.
This description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities or requirements for the position. This position may change or assume additional duties at any time.
- High School diploma or GED
- Personable and trustworthy
- Ability to work with others and understand the problems of the property
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic administrator whose employment history reflects with administrative functions.
- Candidate must also be proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis on Word, Excel and Outlook.
- In this fast paced office environment, the successful candidate will be able to multi‐task and prioritize so that deadlines are met in a timely and accurate manner.
- The candidate must possess strong attention to detail; possessing the ability to learn new procedures quickly and be able to juggle multiple job functions.
- A strong background in customer service, some basic knowledge of building structures and experience in coordinating and scheduling are essential.
- Excellent communication skills are a necessity.
- Job or personal history with, or inclination toward, property management would be a positive attribute.
- background check
lease send us your cover letter and resume in application for this position.
Please put “title of position, your name” in the subject line.
The Unity Council
Attention: Human Resources
1900 Fruitvale Ave., Suite 2B, Oakland, CA 94601
Fax: (510) 535-6923
The Unity Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Women, minorities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.