Family & Community Partnerships Manager
Children & Family Services
Monday - Friday
Local travel may be required
Regular, Full-Time, Non-exempt
Two weeks of paid vacation a year, sick time, 13 holidays, up to five floating holidays based on employee status, medical and dental benefits on the first of the month following 30 days of employment, $25,000 life insurance policy at no cost to employee (with the option of increasing policy amount), flexible spending account for medical and dependent care costs, commuter benefits, 403(b) with employer match, and other benefits. We foster a joyful workplace and offer opportunities for professional development and growth.
The Unity Council is a nonprofit Social Equity Development Corporation with a 50-year history in the Fruitvale neighborhood of Oakland. Our mission is to promote social equity and improve quality of life by building vibrant communities where everyone can work, learn, and thrive.
Our programs aim to provide the community with the tools, knowledge, and resources to transform their lives and ultimately achieve their long-term educational, career, and financial goals. These holistic programs and services reach more than 8,000 individuals and families annually in five languages. Programs include: early childhood education, youth mentorship and leadership development, employment services, career readiness training, housing and financial stability, senior citizen services, affordable housing and neighborhood development, and arts and cultural events. The Unity Council employs a diverse workforce of more than 250 people who reflect the linguistic, cultural, and ethnic identity of the communities we serve. Our work expands beyond the Fruitvale district and now reaches across Oakland and into Concord.
The Children and Family Services programs include Head Start, Early Head Start, State Pre-Kindergarten, Home Based Services, and Developmental Play Groups. Over 900 children birth through kindergarten entry and 32 expectant parents and their families receive child development and comprehensive family services through the Unity Council. The programs are diverse, multilingual, developmentally appropriate, culturally responsive, and individualized for each child and family services are provided in four centers and two home based programs throughout Oakland and Monument Corridor neighborhood in Concord, CA.
Position SummaryThe Home-Based Program Coordinator coordinates and oversees the family engagement, education, and social services components of the Home-Based program and is responsible for the overall planning, implementation, coordination, evaluation, and ongoing administration and supervision of the Home-Based program and the Home Visitors. The Home-based Coordinator is responsible for the monitoring of home-visits, socializations, enrollment of the home-based program, ERSEA (for home-based) and monitoring and supervision of the prenatal program and prenatal visitor.
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Supervises all Early Head Start Home Visitors and Prenatal Home Visitor in Oakland (delegate and grantee) through one-on-one monthly meetings as an advisor.
- Responsible for the overview and supervision of the delivery of services of all home-based children and pregnant women enrolled in the program;
- Works with Family and Community Partnerships Manager to create, maintain and oversee monitoring procedures, protocols, and forms related to Early Head Start performance standards. Reviews and monitors all paperwork.
- Coordinates training of Home Visitors.
- Works with all other components of The Unity Council’s CFS program (health, nutrition, family services, mental health, and education) to integrate services into the family setting.
- Works with home-visitors on the planning and implementation of bi-weekly socializations for parents, and coordinates parent-training sessions.
- Works with Home Visitors to increase the number of Home-Based parents attending socializations and participating in Policy Council.
- Works with the FCP Manager on providing workshops, trainings and other activities to home-based families as needed;
- Responsible for maintaining full enrollment of the home-based program and adheres to the Unity Council’s ERSEA policies, assists with training of new home visitors on ERSEA;
- Monitors home-based files for ERSEA compliance
- Supervises the family engagement work of home visitors including completion of IFPA and family services.
- Assists with widespread recruitment efforts, including neighborhood canvassing to maintain an active wait list.
- Monitors home-visitors compliance of DRDP timeline, this includes monitoring of Child Plus and learning genie;
- Monitors home-based files in areas of education, ERSEA, and family services;
- Responds to crisis and/or emergency situations.
- AA or BA in Social Services/Psychology, Education or related field
- Head Start experiences preferred;
- Bilingual in either Spanish/English or Asian language/English;
- Requires the ability to utilize computer systems and software necessary to perform position functions.
- Must have the ability to: coordinate and manage all aspects of the education services area, to direct the work of others; facilitate meetings; implement training activities for groups and individuals; relate effectively with individuals from diverse socio-economic groups; model effective teaching techniques; write clearly and effectively; model appropriate language when interacting with children and adults; model professional responsibility and personal integrity and function in an environment of site-based management;
- Must have reliable transportation and have a current driver’s license
Must be able climb stairs, reach, bend, lift 20-30 pounds, crawl, kneel, stoop, twist, grasp with hands and fingers materials, use arms and legs, able to walk, climb ladders if applicable.
Physical exam, TB test, background/fingerprint clearance, measles, pertussis immunizations
This description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities or requirements for the position. This position may change or assume additional duties at any time.
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use “Title of Position” in the subject line.
The Unity Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Women, minorities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.