Free & Low-Cost Internet
Activity Ideas for Home
Are you struggling to keep your kids engaged during the quarantine? Do not worry! Our Head Start staff and teachers compiled a list of Head Start approved websites and indoor activities you can do with your kids. All resources are free and will help your little one continue to learn at home.
- Fairyland at home
- Online Children’s Books read by Celebrities.
- Resource for social-emotional games to play from Teaching Strategies, the curriculum we use in Head Start/ Early Head Start
- Fun and Learning for Parents and Children: An Activities Handbook English
- Fun and Learning for Parents and Children: An Activities Handbook in Spanish
- Early Head Start Tip Sheet (take al ook at the last two pages)
- Zero to Three Español
- Imagination Tree
- Ideas for Babies
- Cooking Ideas
From Lakeshore Learning
Lakeshore Learning’s products are specially designed to motivate and encourage little ones to investigate and engage with their world preparing them for grade-school success!
Mental Health Resources
- Casa Del Sol (La Clinica’s Behavioral Health Program) is taking new clients who either have Medical insurance or no insurance.
- Axis Mundi also offers free and lo-cost counseling services.
- East Bay Meditation Center is offering meditation sessions and other classes. Check out their events calendar to learn more.
- They host a mediation session for teens ages 14-19 on Wednesdays from 7:00 pm-8:45 pm.
- Register here if you’re interested!
- Feeling exhausted, scared, or anxious? Resources for Resiliency has various calming exercises and techniques.
- Compassion Resilience has guides and videos on how to remain resilient during these challenging times.
Crisis Text line: Text HOME to 741741
- Crisis Text Line is here for any crisis. A live, trained Crisis Counselor receives the text and responds, all from our secure online platform. The volunteer Crisis Counselor will help you move from a hot moment to a cool moment.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: Call 1-800-273-8255
- The Lifeline provides 24/7, free and confidential support for people in distress, prevention, and crisis resources for you or your loved ones, and best practices for professionals.